- The LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces SharePoint Framework application package.
- A SharePoint Online tenant
- A tenant or site collection catalog
In order to use LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces you have to register all required backend services:
(required) As a tenant admin, navigate to the LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces registration page to subscribe for LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces:
(optional - for Provisioning)
- As a tenant admin, navigate to the LiveTiles Intranet Provisioning registration URL to subscribe for LiveTiles Intranet Provisioning:
- Grant permissions to allow the Workspace Service to access the Provisioning Service on behalf of the logged in user by clicking
(optional - for Metadata Inheritance)
- As a tenant admin, navigate to the LiveTiles Intranet Metadata registration URL
- Grant permissions to allow the Workspace Service to access the Metadata Service on behalf of the logged in user by clicking:
For more information on how to integrate with the LiveTiles Intranet Metadata Service please view the corresponding documentation.
Please note that there additional steps for the Workspaces Low Trust scenario described.
Workspaces App Installation
- Deploy LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces on your tenant’s app catalog. Please make sure that you are viewing the app catalog in the classic view, as otherwise you might not be able to deploy correctly.
- Approve the LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces API permission request in the SharePoint admin center.
- Install LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces as an app in any site collection.
Once the app is installed, you should be able to see new action buttons on the bottom right part of the screen. If you also have LiveTiles Intranet Hub installed and want to integrate the workspaces functionality in the hub, you must follow the instructions to Integrate Workspaces with Hub.
Workspace Admin User Role Assignment
Optional (In order to assign more administrators): Head over to https://portal.azure.com, choose "Enterprise applications" and select the "LiveTiles Intranet Workspaces"-app. Then choose "Users and groups" and "Add user". You now need to add all users that are LiveTiles Intranet Workspace Admins. They will be allowed to manage and create the workspace configs. Make sure that under "Select Role" "WorkspacesAdmin" is selected.
Once the app is installed, you can configure your workspace types. After that, you a ready to create your first workspace.